Everyone is getting ready for their first week back to school. Even though I am not technically going back, I thought I could post a few kid-friendly recipes that are sure to be a hit with your little ones. Since Ryan started rebelling against purees about a month ago, we have started to get more creative with his meal options. One of his (and Molly’s) favorites is Sweet Potato Tots. They are literally two ingredients: sweet potatoes, and parmesan cheese. You could certainly add salt, pepper, or anything else, but we keep it as simple as possible for both baby and dog. As you can see below, Molly finds one way or another to get whatever it is that Ryan is eating.
2 Sweet Potatoes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
– Bake, boil, or microwave sweet potatoes until easily pierced with a fork
– Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400° and spray a baking sheet or mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
– When potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh of the potato into a bowl
– Add parmesan cheese
– Mash together with a fork
– Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop mixture onto cookie sheet or into a mini muffin tin
– Bake for 10 minutes and then flip and bake another 7 minutes or so
When tots are golden brown, they are ready to eat!
Don’t forget to check out the back to school menu!